Time-Lapse Drawing : Lotus Flower Mandala

Leave a Comment
Lotus Flower Mandala by Deb Soromenho

My newest mandala! This one took me a little over 4 hours.

I do love it, but I really wish I could loosen up my illustration a bit. I just love the type of illustration that is loose and relaxed and more freeform and I don't know why I can't manage to do it myself. I think I'm just too much of a perfectionist, everything has to be even and symmetrical and perfect. Ugh! I'm realllllly, really going to try to loosen up. I think I'll make another Lotus Flower mandala with the focus on it being open and flowy and more freeform. Think I can manage it??? :P

Anyway, enjoy the time-lapse. I did notice while editing this video that I turn my paper a lot while working. It really helps me keep the elements even and symmetrical ****WAIT, crap, listen to me, I'm outlining part of the exact problem why I'm not able to loosen up my illustration here, lol, sheesh!**** So, anyhoo... I tried to edit out most of the rapid-fire turns, but there's still a couple nausea-inducing spots, hope you don't get "sea-sick". :)

Happy drawing! -xo deb.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.